Maharashtra Yuva Parishad
Maharashtra Yuva Parishad (MYP) is a model and activist action-based group at the Maharashtra state level. This group is open to all youth in the age group of 14 to 40 years. MYP is a platform which aims at capacity building of the youth so that they act as responsible citizens of the country and take up issues related to them and their communities and resolve them independently. MYP has the following objectives:
- To increase the participation of youth in decision making
- To make the youth realise the issues faced by them and the communities
- To make the youth responsible for solving issues and building their capacities to do so
- To build leadership amongst the youth in Maharashtra
- To make the youth sensitive to the society and to provide them with a platform in order to enable them to voice their opinions
MYP tries to imbibe the values of hard work, social justice, social, economic and political rights, democratic values, gender equality, environmental sustainability and other values under the constitution amongst the youth. MYP members discuss all issues strategically before coming to any decisions and taking actions. They undertake satyagrahas, morchas, advocacy campaigns to make their voices heard, however all this is done under the principle of non-violence.
MYP has recognition at the Maharashtra state level. MYP members form pressure groups in order to solve local, state level and national issues. MYP has its own logo, slogan, banners and flags for recognition.
As already mentioned, anyone can become a member of the MYP. A registration form needs to be filled and submitted. The registration fee is Rs. 5 per year.